A list of major happenings over the last week in the Ferry, Skilift, and Airplane worlds.
- Kitsap Transit takes delivery of the M/V Reliance, the second of three Rich Passage class ferries
- The first walls are being erected at Mukilteo’s new ferry terminal.
- Premier John Horgan talks ferries during a visit to Powell River. Notably, it is mentioned that the North Island Princess’ replacement vessel will enter service in January 2020.
- Southeast Alaskans must weigh their options as the very real threat of a complete shutdown of the AMHS looms.
- One person is injured after a snowmobile crashes into the bottom terminal of Sunshine Village’s Angel Express
- A 70-year old skier falls from Whistler Blackcomb’s Emerald Express
- POMA wins it’s largest contract in company history for a 3S gondola in China
- The world’s largest airplane has taken to the skies for the first time
- The FAA holds a meeting with American, United, Southwest, and their pilot’s unions regarding the 737 MAX.
- David Dao, the passenger who was forcibly removed from UAL 3411 two years ago last Tuesday speaks out
- JetBlue will begin flying across the pond in 2021.